Click Here to View Our Properties on Rightmove

Tenant FAQs

I have seen a property I like.  What do I do next?

If you haven’t already, make sure you view the property. To do this, simply call us on 0845 017 0638 or send us an enquiry email and we will arrange an appointment for you. Once you have viewed the property, if you wish to proceed, you will be asked to complete an application form.  You will also need to submit an unexpired form of photographic identification and a utility bill (no more than three months old).

Why do I need to be referenced?

We need to ensure, on behalf of the landlord, that any tenant who moves into their property can pay the rent, and does not have any previous record of poor payment.

What does referencing involve?

Our referencing agents will contact your employer and others to verify all of the information on your application is correct, such as employment position, salary amount, and current residence. There will also be a credit check undertaken to identify any potential bad credit.

What if there are issues with my reference?

Sometimes there may be discrepancies in the information that has been provided or it may be discovered that there is some bad debt recorded.  In these cases, if the issue is not so severe that the landlord feels he/she cannot continue with the process, we may ask for a guarantor.

What is a guarantor?

A guarantor is someone that takes on joint responsibility for the rent and the obligations of the tenancy alongside the tenant (usually a family member or close friend). They will be required to undergo the same referencing process as the tenant.

When do I have to pay any money?

You will be required to pay a month’s rent in advance along with a security deposit. The security deposit will usually be equivalent to one and a half month’s rent, although you may be asked for more under certain circumstances.

What happens to the deposit once it has been paid?

We are required to register your deposit with an approved scheme provider, and we are members of The TDS (tenancy deposit scheme - This money is ring fenced in a client account and presented back to you at your vacation of the property minus any deductions for elements beyond a fair level of wear and tear.

What is the tenancy agreement and when do I sign it?

This is the contract signed by both the landlord and the tenant and outlines the obligations of both parties.  You will be required to sign this before you move in, either at the property or at our offices.

Do I need to provide access at any point during my tenancy?

Yes, you will be required to allow access for us to undertake routine inspections.  During these inspections, we check the condition of the property from a cleanliness perspective and assess if there is any maintenance required to keep the property in good order.

Can I make changes to the property?

In most instances, you may be able to make minor decorative changes, albeit you must get the landlord’s express permission, via Greyfort, before carrying out the works.

How do I end the tenancy?

If you are in a fixed term agreement you will be liable for the rent until the end of the term.  Speak with us and we will see what we can do to help.

If you are in a periodic tenancy, i.e. outside of the fixed term then you are required to give one month’s notice in writing from the rent due date, advising of your vacation of the property. This can be sent by email or by post to our offices.

tenant services and fees

Learn more about or tenant services and fees

View More


Learn more about or landlord services and fees

View More


Click here to get a free, no obligation valuation.

View More


Contact us to discuss your requirements today.

View More